Pages

Friday 29 March 2013

MAC Blue Eyeshadows - Review and Swatches


I have really let blogging about my MAC eyeshadow collection slip. So I am back at it. I have a stack of eyeshaow palettes that I am busy trying to get through for you guys and review. So more about that coming soon. In the meantime...here are the MAC blue eyeshadows that I own. I have a bad feeling that I have forgotten one. I will let you know if I have.

From left to right - Swan Lake, Moon's Reflection, Tilt, Electric Eel and Contrast. I really like Swan Lake, but I must confess I never wear it. It is a light blue grey and it is a bit unusual. Swan Lake is from the MAC Danse Collection circa 2006. I think it along with French Grey are the first limited edition MAC eyeshadows that I ever bought.

I have no love for Moon's Reflection. This is a regret purchase for me. I bought it to add a light blue to my inner corner when I am doing a blue look. When I wear it with Tilt, the two look almost identical on. You can't tell where one ends and the other begins. Tilt is the better of the two. Whenever I wear Tilt, my husband usually comments that he likes the colour on me.


From left to right here are the swatches - Swan Lake, Moon's Reflection, Tilt, Electric Eel and Contrast.

I love Electric Eel. This has to be one of MAC's best eyeshadows and this is not a colour you see very often. Because it is so loud, I seldom wear it, but when I do, I remember how much I love it. It looks awesome in the outer corner with light green eyeshadows on the lid. It's smooth and super easy to work with. Finally, we have Contrast. I want to love Contrast, but I just don't. The colour is a nice navy purple, but I find it to be a bit rough, slightly chalky and a pain in the ass to work with. At the end of the day these are MAC eyeshadows so like pizza, even when it's not so great, it's still good!

ALL MAC EYSHADOWS
Packaging: 10/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 9/10
 
Swan Lake
Pigmentation: 7/10 
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 7/10
Texture: 8/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Maybe (but can't since it is Limited Edition)
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Moon's Reflection
Pigmentation: 6/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 6.5/10
Attractiveness of Product: 7/10
Would I buy this again? No  
Overall Rating: 6.5/10
 
Tilt
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 8.5/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 8/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8.5/10
Would I buy this again? Yes 
Overall Rating: 8.5/10
 
Electric Eel
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 8.5/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Hell Yes
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
 
Contrast
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 4/10
Longevity: 4/10
Texture: 4/10
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10
Would I buy this again? No
Overall Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment