Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

So Excited! TheBalm Balm Jovi Rockstar Face Palette - Show and Tell


OMG I am so excited! I have wanted to get my hands on this palette for weeks and it was not easy to get. Hardly anywhere is selling it! Ever since I saw Emily review it on Beauty Broadcast, I had to have it. I love TheBalm products, so this was a no brainer. It is also so cute!!!! Gone are the days of the rockstars I am afraid, but at least we have this palette with us to remind us of the good old days.  Okay, I think I am sounding old and cheesy. Forgive me.

 
As an aside, it is snowing like mad where I am! I took the day off of work to get some errands done and I hardly got anything at all accomplished. Most of my co-workers didn't even go into work today I understand. The commute was no doubt epic for those Torontonians who dared! My husband's work closed early and he has been outside shovelling for over 3 hours. I haven't seen this much snow in years! I feel a little guilty sitting here, doing a blog entry, nice and warm, but hey I do the cooking, cleaning and the laundry!
 
Back to the palette. There are 12 eyeshadows, 1 highlight, 1 blush and 2 lip/cheek products. The ingredients are good. The names are adorable. The eyeshadows are Metal-ica, Adagio, Blink 1982, Iron Maid-in, Allegro, The Stroke, Lead Zeppelin, Moderato, rem, Alice Cooper, Presto and Third Eye Blinded. The highlight or luminizer is called Solid Gold (aka Mary-Lou Manizer). The cheek/shadow colour is Don't You Want Me? (aka FratBoy Blush). The lip/cheek colours are Milly and Vanilly. How sweet is that!
 
 
 
 
I can not wait to try this! A full review and swatches will follow shortly. At the bottom of the palette is a guide of "looks" or suggestions for colour combinations. I love it when you get that with a palette. Sephora is not selling this! I don't believe Rexall is either. You can buy this on TheBalm's website, but shipping to Canada was outrageous! The palette is $39.50 U.S. and TheBalm wanted $26.50 U.S. on top of that for shipping plus tax. I thought to myself, there has a to be better way!


I found the palette finally on londondrugs.ca which is a western Canadian online store. I snagged the palette for $24.50 Canadian and with tax and shipping, the whole thing came to $39.49 Canadian. Now that's a bargain my friends! I have never dealt with londondrugs.ca before. I was very impressed with their service. I was able to pay with paypal and I got the shipment in less than 5 days! They emailed me at every turn to let me know the status of my order. It arrived well wrapped. They sell more than just drug store stuff too. I will definitely be checking them out again.


What do you think? Is this a nice palette or what?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment