Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner Brown Eyes - Review and Swatches



I have been meaning to get to this post for a little while. As some of you know, I love my Clinique black gel liner and MAC's Blacktrack is my second favourite. They are both still my favourites and my go to black gel liners. However, let's face it, they are not cheap. I think if you really like black liner, and you will wear it often, Clinique's Brush-On Cream Liner is a solid investment at $15 U.S. and $16 Canadian a pot. It's cheaper than MAC and it's a superior product in my mind. Still, that is one jar or pot of gel liner for $15-$16. If you are on a budget and want to get a lot of bang for your buck, look no further than Physicians Formula stackable gel cream liners. Yes, they stack together like Lego. They are kind of fun, innovative and you could amuse small children with them I am sure. I had the nerve to give them to my husband when he was bored to play with while I was getting ready one day. He was intrigued for all of 2 minutes wondering if they were Lego or makeup!



I am not going to lie to you and tell you these are the best thing since sliced bread. They are not as good as Clinique or MAC's gel liner. They are drug store stock, however, they are some of the best liners that the drug store has to offer. Some of you might have read my review on the Tiffany D Defining Palette gel liners - they were the worst ever. Sorry Tiffany, still love ya! Anyway, these are light years ahead of the Tiffany D Sigma gel liners. What I am trying to say, while babbling, is that these are pretty good. I have worn and will wear them. I can't help but think that these would be good to travel with. I have worn each of these gel liners for hours on end and they don't really fade or flake. They take a bit of work to remove too which is a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.  The formula is a bit drier and less glossy than Clinique's and MAC's, but hey, most people looking at you aren't going to know the difference.



I have the set for brown eyes, since I have brown eyes. In this set, you get Espresso (chocolate brown), Black and Purple. They didn't get too fancy with the names. Hey, sometimes there is no need lol. I personally like the purple one the most. It is a bit different from the other purple gel liners I have and I find this shade quite flattering. A brush comes in the package too. I haven't used the brush, but it looks ok for a complimentary brush. It probably does the job. If you buy additional sets of these gel liners in other colours, I understand that you can stack them all together and have one big gel liner tower if you feel the burning desire.These come in metallic colours too!

My bottom line with this product is that it is budget friendly and they are decent quality. The ingredients are a lot shorter and better than many other like drug store products. I understand that this set (which includes a brush - hey cost savings if you don't have a lot of brushes) retails for $10.95 (that's 3 gel liners and a brush) and in Canada I have seen them for $15.99. I will let you in on a secret. I got this set for $7.94! Yep, it was half price at the Loblaws Superstore a few weeks ago. If you wait for a sale at your local drug store, you can pick these puppies up for a song. Now that is a deal! Please see the swatches below:

                                                          Espresso, Purple and Black

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10
Would I buy this again? Yeah probably (and especially in more colours)   
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment