Pages

Thursday 28 February 2013

Benefit Cosmetics Hervana Blush - Review and Swatch


I have had this product kicking around for awhile. I bought it several months ago, used it a couple of times, got bored with it and tucked it away. I picked this up again a week or so ago and forced myself to use it. I have to, or I will never make full use of my makeup collection!

The colours in this blush are described as shell/peach/rose/berry. You can use the colours individually or swirl them together. Since they are in a swirl pattern, I think you would be a bit hard pressed to easily use the colours individually. I usually swirl them together. I'm a bit lazy okay?


I have to say that I am glad that Benefit stopped their nonsense of making their blush boxes with removable lids. I prefer the flip lid that they have moved to with this product. There is even a mirror here! The old blush boxes had no such thing. While I think the packaging is cute, it is bulky and cumbersome. I hate packing them into small makeup bags for travelling. I just don't bother to be honest. These are stay at home blushes.


I know some bloggers love this product, but I can't muster any excitement for it. I find the colour kind of blah and so so. It is not a bright or colourful blush, so if you are new to blush or like very neutral cheeks, you may like this one. You do get 8g or 0.28 oz. of blush here which is generous. MAC's blushes are 6g and they last me forever.....The price is frankly, disgusting. It is $28 U.S. and $36 Canadian! $36 Canadian??? Outrageous. I have strayed away from a lot of Benefit blush because the price makes me sick. I only buy them when I get a discount in Sephora or 20x the points in Shoppers Drug Mart etc. A MAC blush is nearly half the price and is usually better quality!


I couldn't get a decent picture of it blended out on my wrist so I took a fingertip shot for you as well. See, not so exciting.


Frankly, for $36 I expect a hell of a lot more bang for my buck. The texture is smooth with just a hint of chalkiness. Tarte blushes are worth the money at this price point, Benefit blushes, not so much. I will use this blush up eventually, it is wearable of course, just not exciting.

Packaging: 6/10 (cute but mega bulky)  
Pigmentation: 5/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 6.5/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 2/10
Ingredients: 6/10
Travel Worthy: 0/10
Attractiveness of Product: 5/10
Would I buy this again? Nope
Overall Rating: 5.5/10



2 comments:

  1. you think $36 is bad??? here in Australia it's $51!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! $51???? That is madness.

    ReplyDelete