Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder - Review


I guess this is Tarte week! I love me some Tarte. Most Tarte products are out of this world and fantastic. This product is a big time dud for me. I received this as a deluxe sample in a set of Tarte products with my Sephora rewards points awhile back. This is a mattifying powder. On me, it is most unflattering. It makes my skin look dry and it makes me look old. It doesn't matter where I place it on my face it makes me look terrible. Maybe if you have really super oily crazy skin and you use the tiniest bit, it make help the shine. I am thinking though that only a teenager could get away with using this. Don't even think of using this as a setting powder for your undereye concealer. I did, and it made me look haggard. Big mistake.

I really have no use for this powder. It's white and when you apply it, it doesn't stay looking white, but it doesn't really look natural and it doesn't look skin toned. It's hard to explain. It's supposed to be silky, but it doesn't feel that great to the touch and doesn't feel nice on the skin. It's so drying! This product mystifies me. I have no idea who at Tarte would have dreamed up this product. It is $29 U.S. If any of you like this product, or have found a way to make this work, please leave me a comment below.

Packaging: 2/10 (messy and powder goes everywhere)
Pigmentation: 0/10 (it's white!!!)
Easy to Work With: 0/10
Longevity: 10/10 (the hideous look stays for hours)
Texture: 3/10
Price: 5/10
Ingredients: 10/10 (there are only 5) 
Travel Worthy: 0/10 (powder everywhere)
Attractiveness of Product: 4/10
Would I buy this again? No way in hell 
Overall Rating: 1/10 (this is being generous because it may work for teenagers or sweaty body parts)

No comments:

Post a Comment