Pages

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Beginner Bronzer? Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush in Bronze/Natural - Review and Swatch

 
 
I had been meaning to buy this product for years and I finally did last week. This is a bronzer and blush all in one. Very convenient for travelling when you don't have much room in your travel or makeup bag and you want a bronzer and blush. You can mix the blush colours together or wear them separate. I like to mix them but do whatever turns you on. This product is $19.99 in most drug stores in Canada. I think for drug store makeup, that's a bit pricey. This retails for $13.95 I believe in the U.S. I got mine for half price at Rexall Pharma Plus at a cool $9.99. I am a bit concerned though as there was a sticky note on the rack saying this was to be discontinued. Not sure if Rexall is discontinuing it, or if Physician's Formula is. It is still on their website and is selling for full price.
 
This is a good bronzing product if you have fair or light skin and/or its wintertime. It isn't very dark but it gives you a little bronzed glow. If you are medium or darker skinned, I think it would give you a nice "glow" it just wouldn't show up much. This product is slightly shimmery. There is a bottom compartment in it which holds a brush and mirror. I haven't bothered to use it.
 
 
 
I think this would be an excellent bronzer for beginners to use if they are new to bronzer. You kind of can't go wrong using this product. You will never look "muddy" or over cake it on. It is subtle enough that it looks quite natural. It does not look golden on me but when I swatch it, it does. It barely showed up on my arm with the camera so I did the ol' fingertip swatch. The blush mixed is left and the bronzer is right.
 
 
 
I find this product very flattering on, when you use just the bronzer or just the blush or both. It's like bronzer for dummies. I am not sure if this product comes in one or two colours. I have only noticed one colour in the stores. This product smells amazing is supposed to smell like violets. It's subtle though, not overpowering. This product is supposed to have ingredients and endorphins in it to boost your mood. I don't know about that, but sometimes when I wear it, it feels like my cheeks are flushed or I'm blushing. They feel a bit warm. Weird, but it is not unpleasant. It makes me feel like smiling. Everyone needs a schoolgirl glow once in a while. The product is so smooth and silky and blends like a dream. I can not think of any cons or negative things to say about this product. I think this is a solid buy (especially at the price I paid) and the ingredients seem decent. If you have ever thought of buying this product or are looking for starter bronzer or a two in one bronzer/blush, I would pick one of these up. I am very pleased with my purchase and I plan on using this religiously.
 
 
Packaging: 8/10 (could be more sleek and less bulky)
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10 (at full price - it's a steal when it is on sale)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 9/10  (could be more sleek and less bulky)
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Hell Yes 
Overall Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment