Pages

Sunday 23 December 2012

Top 10 Beauty Products I Can't Live Without

 
Hello!

I am sorry I have been missing in action a bit the last few days. I have been busy with Christmas celebrations and I got the flu. Yuck! Since we are all busy this time of year, and everyday for that matter, I thought it would be appropriate for me to give all of you a concise list of my Top 10 Can't Live Without Products. These are the products that I love and if they ever discontinued them, I would have a hissy fit. These are the products that no dupes or substitutions will cut it.

Since I have done blog reviews on almost all of these products, I won't be long winded about each and every one of them here. What might be interesting to note is that out of this top 10 list I see I grabbed 4 MAC products and 2 Origins. Food for thought. Okay, let's get to it in no particular order...

1. theBalm BalmShelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss in Material Girl

Not everyone will love this gloss, but I do. It is a sheer tinted berry lip gloss. I hate most lip gloss because they smell nasty, taste nasty, are goopy, tacky feeling, burn or irritate my lips. This is the gloss for the sensitive skinned gal and this colour goes with everything. It isn't too shiny and it just adds a bit of something, something to any lipstick or liner.

2. Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Serum

Since I am now in my 30's (ahem) I have noticed a couple of small, fine laugh lines around my mouth. I don't like them. Thank God I don't have any lines around my eyes yet. Anyway, this stuff chased those lines away and they are barely noticeable now. No new lines have popped up and I have been using this for 3 years. Nuff' said.

3. Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner

This takes off all left over makeup off of your face after washing and it helps keep your pores clean. It softens and is not drying. This really has helped my skin. Love it.

4. Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream

Sephora has stopped selling it. Shoppers Drug Mart has stopped selling it. The Bay is always sold out of it. This is an award winner and it is in great demand. My skin has never looked so good. It is calming and moisturizing. It keeps my skin balanced and keeps the blemishes at bay. I am lost without it. I have jumped through hoops and ordered it online, put myself on waiting lists etc. when all else has failed to get my hands on it. My skin screams when I run out of it. It ain't cheap, and it is worth every penny.

5. Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-hr smoothing Eye Primer

This is not as good as its predecessor, Tarte's Lifted. It is the next best thing. It is the only eyeshadow primer that really lasts all day and all night on me and the ingredients are not scary.

6. MAC Shroom Eyeshadow

This is the second MAC eyeshadow that I ever bought. It is the perfect lid wash colour for me and I have gone through countless pans. I have never found a colour that matched up and I own a crapload of eyeshadow.

7. MAC Painterly Paint Pot

Perhaps this was one of the first cream eyeshadow bases. It is still the best minus the fact that it creases. It makes bad eyeshadow look ok and good eyeshadow look amazing.

8. MAC Blushbaby Blush

A universally flattering colour. Looks great on me. My go to. It's always on my vanity table and when I travel it's in my makeup bag. If you only ever buy one MAC blush, get this one.

9. MAC Select Cover-Up NC20

This may sound strange, but I only use this on my face occasionally. I tend to be a bit pink and splotchy by nature. This is a great product for covering up minor scars and red patches on your face, body, neck and chest. It does not wear off easily and remains on all day.

10. Clinique 02 True Black Brush-On Cream Liner

Hands down, the best black cream/gel liner on the market. Every time I try another brand, there is just no comparison. Very black, very true, never looks dry, wears all day like nobodies business.

There you have it! I hope this has been helpful! I think I will do some more Top 10 and Top 5 blogs soon. I love it when other people do them! Drop me a comment or email if you like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment