Pages

Thursday 29 November 2012

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Gold Digger and Cinderella - Review and Swatches


I have ordered a whole bunch of Makeup Geek eyeshadows lately and I have all of them to review! Some I haven't had the chance to try yet, so bear with me! Today, I am going to be talking about Gold Digger which is on the left above and Cinderella which is on the right above.

I am very picky about gold coloured eyeshadow. I find it tricky to pull off unless your skin is warm toned. I try to look for neutral golds or cool golds for myself. I would say Gold Digger is maybe a neutral gold. I don't know why I bought this eyeshadow. I really loved the swatch on the Makeup Geek website and I decided to try it. At $5.99 U.S. each, it's just too tempting. Anyway, I love this colour. I was very impressed. Looks great alone with black gel winged liner. It looks like you spent quality time doing your makeup when you only swiped it on quickly. This is definitely one of MUG's best colours. It is very pigmented and glides on like a dream. It practically blends itself and is crazy long-wearing. I think anyone could pull off this colour.

Gold Digger (L) and Cinderella (R)

Cinderella has been compared by the MUG folks to MAC's Jest. I think when you look at the product just in the pan, it's a maybe. On me though, the colour looks really pink, whereas MAC's Jest is really peachy coral. I think I bought this colour by accident and I wanted another one and got confused. This colour is very pigmented as well and blends easily. The colour is growing on me, but with my complexion I am not so sure it looks great. It's bordering on making me look a tad sickly. I would recommend wearing a darker eyeshadow colour with this one in the crease to balance it out. This colour would really pop and look fantastic on someone who is very dark skinned. I can totally see someone like Iman wearing this colour and looking amazing. So if you have dark skin, this may be the eyeshadow you have always wanted! The quality of this colour is exceptional.

It's really weird, but I have a few Makeup Geek eyeshadows which I really don't like and there are tons that are really good quality, go to colours. I guess that happens with any eyeshadow line. On that note, I might do my top 5 and bottom 5 MUG eyeshadows one of these days....once I finally try all of the ones that I have that is!

Rating: Gold Digger 10/10
Rating: Cinderella 9/10 (the colour is not for everyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment