Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Tarte Clean Slate 360 Degrees Creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer - Review


I promised you guys a review on this, and seeing as I just discussed the Too Faced Eyeshadow Primer yesterday, this only seems appropriate. Today, we will discuss Tarte's new Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-hr smoothing eye primer. So as some of you know, I bitched, whined, sobbed and belly ached about Tarte discontinuing their Lifted Primer recently. Why a company takes a perfectly good product and tinkers with it, I will never know. I mean the product was just becoming huge! Sheesh! Tarte, if you are listening, you made a very bad move! I promise to email you and complain about it again too! Okay, first of all lets get the 411 done on this puppy. This product is $19 U.S. and is $25 Canadian. I believe Lifted was the same price. This new product has 11g or 0.39 oz. of product. As a reference point, the Too Faced Shadow Insurance 11g or 0.35 oz. Lifted is 3.5ml or 0.11 oz. Okay, with Lifted you get less product, but it was a better, creamier product and you didn't need much.

So this new product does exactly what it claims to. Use it and your eyeshadow will not crease for 12 hours. Exactly 12 hours. I have tested this day after day. At about the 12 hour mark, a tiny crease in the inner area of eye slowly starts forming. So Tarte hasn't lied. What ticks me off is that Lifted lasted well over 12 hours with no creasing! I don't know about you ladies and gentlemen, but my day does not stop at the 12 hour mark. I am just getting home from work! Heaven forbid I should want to hit the grocery store or go somewhere without needing to completely reapply my eye makeup! Arghhhh Tarte why have you done this to me!!!!

This product is head and shoulders above Too Faced's Shadow Insurance but it is not Lifted. Am I still going to buy this? Sigh...yes. What choice do I have? It is still the best thing going. It is a white watery substance that blends completely into your eyelid colour. It reminds me a lot of the Shadow Insurance stuff. I am not crazy about the packaging, but it is small and convenient.

Rating: 8.5/10 (and this pains me)

2 comments:

  1. FYI; Unfortunately, it's been discontinued. It was my favorite. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I haven't found anything since that is quite as good!

      Delete