Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in 25 Bad to the Bronze - Review and Swatch

 

The last time I reviewed one of these Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows was in March. Crazy how the time passes. As I mentioned in that post, I bought 4 of these at the time as they were on sale for $5 and change from the usual $10-$11 Canadian. It was mere morbid curiosity and at that price, it would be educational if nothing else. Bad to the Bronze is possibly the best colour in the line. It is not a super warm colour, so it doesn't make me look tired when I apply it. When you swatch it, it looks super pigmented. When you run it across your eye, it does not go on very dark at all which may be a good thing given the colour. I have worn this with eyeshadow primer and it does last 14 plus hours and perhaps even 24 as the ad says. Sorry guys, I am not wearing this for 24 hours just to find out! It does look a bit faded to me at the end of the day, but not dramatically so.

I wore this product with no eyeshadow primer for a number of hours and I did not see any creasing happening. This product does appear to be crease-resistant. Below I have a swatch of Bad to the Bronze on the lower swatch and on the top swatch we have Bad to the Bronze with MAC's Bronze on top of it. It does make the eyeshadow appear more vibrant, I think. The nice thing about these Color Tattoo's is that you can just quickly apply it with your finger and you are out the door. I like wearing this on its own personally, add some mascara and/or eyeliner and you are good to go.

 
Given the price, I would say this colour is a solid buy. I would not trade this product for a MAC Paint Pot, price be damned. I find these tend to be a bit dry, the pigmentation so so and they look good on, but not fabulous. Mind you, Paint Pots do crease and this product doesn't so Maybelline has a leg up there. There are a couple of iffy ingredients in this. The full list of the ingredients is on Maybelline's website if any of you are interested. No parabens though.
 
Rating: 7.5/10 (the price boosts this score)


No comments:

Post a Comment