Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil Black Gold - Review and Swatch

 
 
I have been playing with the look of my blog lately as some of you might have noticed. Ever since I started my blog, I must say, I have never been happy with the look. I find blogspot has a limited number of suitable backgrounds and layouts, but maybe I am just being picky. Anyway, once again I changed the look. Sorry if I am throwing any of you off. I would love to hear what you think of the new look. Is it too washed out?
 
On to the makeup. I got a bunch of free Laura Mercier goodies a few weeks ago from Sephora as one of the rewards things. I have never bought anything from Laura Mercier before so I am a Laura Mercier virgin if you will. Time will tell what I think about their products. I gave the eyeliner a whirl first. This is one of the kohl eye pencils in the colour Black Gold. If it was up to me, I would simply call it "smoulder" because that is what it looks like and that is what it does. It's described as "Black Gold". Surprise, surprise......I think it is more of a dirty gold with black and brown in it. This eye pencil is very soft and glides on like a dream. It looks good, and not heavy looking, on either the upper or lower lash line. I think it is perfect for work actually as it is not a harsh colour and it blends in well with your mascara and lash line. It adds a certain je ne sais quoi. It makes you look a bit done up, meanwhile you made hardly any effort at all.


Frankly, it goes with most outfits which is sweet too. All purpose products which are no brainers are my favourite. I can tell you right now that I will definitely buy one of these once this one runs out. You can smoke this out too if you like but you don't need to. It does smudge a little on its own, but I think that is part of its charm. This is both an acceptable feature and a wanted one. It looks great smudgy. It does not look dirty on at all which products like this sometime do. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. One of the best features is that you don't have to be precise when you apply it. It looks great just thrown on. I did notice it faded a little after about 8 or 9 hours. At the 15 hour mark, it is still on, just a bit faded but it doesn't look stupid at that point which is good. This product is $20 U.S. and $25 Canadian which I think is pricey. That and the slight fading are the only drawbacks.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment