Pages

Friday 12 October 2012

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara - Review

I was so excited to find this! I love, love, this mascara. I always have great difficulty finding a good mascara and this one really hits the mark. This product retails for $28.50 Canadian and is $25 U.S. Not cheap, I know. I actually started wearing Estee Lauder foundation a few months ago and when I went to stock up, they gave me a free mascara. I tossed it aside, as I wasn't expecting much. For example, I have tried almost all of Lancome's mascaras over the years and they are crap. I have no idea why Lancome hypes up their mascara so much. I highly doubted Estee Lauder was going to impress me.

So I recently went away on a cruise and took this mascara with me as a back up. I tried it out several times and I was really impressed. I have 01 Extreme Black. At first, it just seemed ok when I put on one coat, but then I  added a second and third coat and my lashes were long, volumized and curled! Even after wearing this mascara all day, seriously 15 hours later, they still looked great. The length, volume and curl hold. This is seriously up there with my Benefit They're Real Mascara. I am not sure what the ingredients are in this product. I will find out and let you all know. There is zero flaking with this product and I have not had an issue with clumping. I always have smudging issues with all mascaras when I wear my glasses and I have to say that although this one does smudge a little when I have glasses on, it smudges the least of any mascaras that I have tried. I have no smudging issues with this mascara when I wear my contact lenses. The wand is huge, which is usually a bad thing for me, but it is surprising easy to work with as it is tapered.

Rating: 8.5/10 (price is steep and it still smudges a little with glasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment