Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Tip of the Day - How to Use Up and Maximize your Makeup Collection

I read this little tip a while back and thought it was genius. I had been doing the same thing here and there for years, but I realized that I needed to take it all the way. Go hard or go home. If you have a large collection of makeup like myself, or if you have not much, but tend to use the same products over and over again, neglecting fringe items, here it what you should do.

It's very simple. Put products you haven't been using, or ones you want to use up and throw out, on your vanity with a few staples that you use all of the time like a base eyeshadow colour, mascara etc. Alternatively, if you don't have a vanity table or bathroom counter space to yourself, put your staples in with a few items you don't usually use, into a makeup bag. Only use these items for a one week period or two weeks if you prefer. This way, you use products that are neglected or long since forgotten about. By using them, you will remember why you bought it, why you don't use it and maybe you will find a long forgotten about gem that you will now rotate into you regular makeup bag.

One advantage is that you might end throwing something out which has gone bad, is crap or you have no use for which is taking up space in your home. Hence, spring cleaning your makeup collection. It's always a great treat to realize you own something wonderful which you forgot you owned or never knew you would have the perfect use for. It's like getting new makeup! It might also save you money from running out and buying something similar. Part of the reason I started this blog was to force myself to itemize and use up my vast collection. Separate the gems from the rubbish. It really is nonsense how much crap I have. Keeping this blog helps remind me what brands I do and don't like and why. It also serves as a reminder on how much I love MAC eyeshadow and how there are so few other brands that match up or even come close.

So give my suggestion a try! You will be amazed how much you clean out your collection and also realize how much great stuff you have just waiting to be used!

No comments:

Post a Comment