Pages

Saturday 1 September 2012

NARS Orgasm Nail Polish - Review and Swatch

I wanted this nail polish for such as long time. I debated the purchase for ages because this nail polish is not cheap and this colour is not my usual thing.I broke down and bought this  a little over a year ago. Believe it or not, I only opened the bottle and used it for the first time a few days ago. This nail polish is $18 U.S. and $21 Canadian. Crazy for nail polish I know! The last nail polish I used was a China Glaze number in Diva Bride (please see my recent blog post on it) and I found that nail polish to be hard as a rock, chip-resistant, yet very streaky. This one was the opposite! It was not streaky at all, but I had 5 chips in less than 24 hours on my toes! Unheard of. I have never, ever had that problem when I have done my toes. I ended up redoing a few nails and putting a super heavy duty top coat on top to seal them. If I may be frank, to me, this looks like an old lady colour when applied. Orange creamsicle shimmer madness. I am not really keen and I do regret the purchase.
I think the colour would look better on someone very dark skinned or maybe as a finger nail colour. The formula is also very goopy and a couple of my toes looked gummy and gross after I did them. I needed to redo those toes. I don't think I will be wearing this colour for long - both by choice and due to non long wearing issues. This nail polish does not remind me in any way, shape or form of NARS' Orgasm blush. The blush has a lot of pink in it, the nail polish has none. The packaging is nice and reminds me a bit of the Chanel nail polish bottles.

I just looked on Sephora's website and I was surprised to see that on NARS' brand page they are advertising their nail polish as new and improved for this season with a better formula and chip-resistant properties. I guess they had complaints....gee I wonder why????? I definitely have an old formula bottle so if any of you really like this colour, maybe the new bottles are way better? Has anyone tried one? I would love to hear about it!

Initial Impression Rating: 2.5/10

**Update: Last night (September 2, 2012), 3 days after I did my nails, I looked down and noticed that all of the nail polish was gone from my 4th toe on the right. It was as if it peeled off the whole base coat, top coat and all. Like a piece of tape, it was all gone.  Never, ever has this ever happened to me in all of my years or wearing nail polish. There are zero hardeners in this product. I am horrified and disgusted. NARS, you should be ashamed of yourself! Charging $21 for nail polish that is worse than $2 drug store stuff! If I hadn't of bought this so long ago, I would email NARS and tell them off. I think I still might!**

Revised Rating: 0/10

1 comment: