Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Silver Spoon - Review and Swatch


I got this product free from Sephora along with an online order I put in a few months ago. I don't remember if it was a V.I.B. points reward or what. It is full sized I believe at 45g or 0.16 oz. The colour is really nice I think. Very silver, but a true silver, it is not overly blue or purple. It glides on easily and feels good on. Is it creaseless? Um no. I seriously wish all makeup companies would send me their "creaseless" products and I will be your guinea pig. Trust me, 99/100, your "creaseless" product will crease on me. They have no business saying that their product is creaseless when it isn't. Just my opinion. I mean they must be using women with sandpaper for skin on their eyelids to test this product out. Really.

But before you totally write this product off, it wasn't a total disaster. I successfully wore this product on my bare eyelid (I did have some eye cream on under it) for a full 6 hours before slight creasing began to occur. By the 8th hour, the crease looked a bit bare, as if some of the product was sliding off. By the 9th hour, it was crease city! So ok, if you are just going out at night for a few hours maybe you could wear this with no issues. I will have to wear a primer with it, no question. Minus the creasing, the colour stayed true and was very nice. I do own another colour in the line, but I will show that off in another blog one of these days. This particular colour, Silver Spoon, says it is exclusive to Sephora. The product is $24 Canadian or $19 U.S. The packaging is super cute. The ingredient list is very short. I will definitely be wearing this again, especially under eyeshadow as a base. I haven't tried it as eyeliner, but I think it would work well.


Rating: 7/10 (points off for lying about being creaseless)

No comments:

Post a Comment