Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Moroccanoil Curl Control Mousse - Review

This is what Moroccanoil has to say about this product:

Curly and tightly spiraled hair needs control without the crunch. Curl Control Mousse’s lightweight yet powerful formula is enriched with argan oil to tame, define and hold curls naturally for hours while sealing in moisture and keeping out frizz. Curls and ringlets are left looking soft, smooth and natural in any weather.

My hair is naturally curly - ringlet curly. I hate it. I know some people say they would kill for my hair but if they had to deal with my rat's nest in reality, they wouldn't want it. My hair easily goes frizzy, especially in summer when it is humid. Taming this beast has been a life long problem. I rarely wear my hair curly and I spend a small fortune and lots of time to make it straight or wavy. Occasionally, I get lazy and opt for the wash and go routine which is of course to go with the curl. I have searched high and low to find a product that would keep my curly hair feeling soft, defined and frizz free. Mission: Impossible. I have tried it all. Almost everything I have used either leaves my hair with way too much crunch, stickiness and looks greasy or no definition and lots of frizzy baby hair all over the place. Sometimes there would be clumps of flaky bits of dandruff like stuff within a couple hours of application. I had honestly pretty much given up. As for finding a product that I could get away with not washing my hair the next day after application and had it still looking fresh...ha! Don't make me laugh. My hair is dry and washing every day kills it. For me, this is not an option and every hair stylist I have ever had has told me to never wash it daily.

This stuff is not bad but it is tricky as hell figuring out the amount of product that you need to use. This product leaves my hair feeling soft and silky when I use the right amount. Too much and you will get crunchy, sticky areas. No enough and it is fly away frizz baby city. I could tell though from my "experiments" that the product had promise as parts of my hair looked and felt great. I could even "recycle" my do' on occasion the morning after without a rewash and just a little tweaking. This may be no advice at all, but you need to use a medium amount. The bottle says "generous amount" which means different things to different people. Enough in trouble areas (for me the front) but not so much it looks like you fell into a deep fryer. I can not tell you what a trial and error process I went through. I still have a small amount of frizz which I can not totally eliminate without going overboard and into greasy looking city with this product but essentially the problem is under control. My hair looks shiny, natural and feels soft and amazing. Also, a little touch-up job Day #2 and you can get away with recycling the do'. I am very pleased indeed. I am still not going to wear my hair curly very often but maybe a little more often.

There seems to be a lot of product in the bottle. It seems almost full still and I have used it several times. I think the cost is around $25 Canadian or U.S. I would recommend this. It is not perfect and it takes a lot of tweaking as I said to get the amount you need to use for yourself right, but it is the best thing that I have tried.

Rating: 8.5/10

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds great! Moroccanoil is my holy grail product. I use it almost every day especially when blowdrying my hair as it quickens up the process – does anyone else find this? I think hairtrade is the cheapest place you can get it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy this site cause its worth with the useful info..thank dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the low maintenance curls that give the most impact. Also, I prefer low maintenance measures that provide maximum results and volume! I was recently invited to the Moroccanoil Curl Enhancing Shampoo, Conditioner and more collection, and I was thrilled.

    And I’m not unfamiliar with the original Holy-gill, the Moroccanoil treatment won the award and it has been a staple in my hair health system for some time. So I was eager to test the whole curly line! Also, you can read The Best Shampoo for Asian Hair in 2021.

    ReplyDelete