Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Jennifer Aniston Eau de Parfum - Review


I don't wear a lot of scents as I am sensitive to a lot of smells. Some of my friends call me "the bloodhound" because I can smell things from far away and can pinpoint the "aroma" usually quite accurately. A lot of smells make me gag, whether it be food or perfume whatever. So needless to say, I am not a big fan of scented beauty products. I seldomly buy any perfume or cologne as a result. I have a select few that I love and I wear them very infrequently. I saw the new Jennifer Aniston Eau de Parfum last year in Sephora. I was curious. I neither love Jennifer Aniston, nor do I hate her. Her new man looks like a hobo by the way, but that is besides the point. The smell of this to me is very clean and fresh. It smells of the beach, sport and simple flowers. I believe that is the scent she was going for. I like it and I don't like 99% of perfumes. It is not super strong, although I find it can be when you first put it on for maybe 1/2 an hour or so. It fades quickly after that, which is perhaps not a good thing.

In the interests of full disclosure, when I do wear a scent or use soap (ok that sounded weird, like I never use soap.....which isn't the case!) a lot of scents wear off of me fast. My Mom thinks it is bizarre and she said she noticed it from when I was child. She said my Dad's skin is the same way so maybe it is a hereditary thing. That being said, I do have some expensive perfumes which do not fade dramatically on me. Most perfumes do though so take what I say with a grain of salt. This perfume may be a lot more long lasting on you than on me. I find within 90 minutes the smell of this product has substantially faded. At the 10 hour mark there is no trace of it and I am sure the same could be said at the 4 or 6 hour mark although I have not fully tested my theory. Given that most of it has faded after 90 minutes, I would say my hunch is correct. I bought a rollerball of this a few months back. These are great for your purse and touch-ups and with this product, you are going to need touch-ups big time. The rollerball is $18 U.S. and $20 Cdn. The 1 oz. bottle is $39 U.S. and $45 Canadian. This is a good price of course for perfume that isn't some nasty drug store stuff. I love rollerballs because they last me forever, they are cheap and they let you really try the scent before committing to a big bottle and bigger price tag.

Rating: 6/10 (because it fades badly and it is not expensive smelling nor sexy)

No comments:

Post a Comment