Pages

Monday 13 August 2012

Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream - Review

This review is long overdue. I have been using this off and on for a few months. I wasn't blown away by it at first so I switched back to my Origins moisturizers. I bought this because my local store was out of my usual Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream and this was "newish". Since I have combination skin with sensitive and problems areas, this seemed to be a good choice. Dr. Hauschka's website has this to say about this product:

Melissa Day Cream "calms, balances, manages shine and helps balance sensitive, combination skin, giving the complexion a smooth, even appearance. Key ingredient melissa (lemon balm) has been renowned for centuries for its harmonizing effects. It is combined with extracts of anthyllis and carrot to help soothe reddened, irritated skin. Shiny, oily zones are calmed and clarified while in dry areas, moisture is locked in. This balancing day cream with fortifying extracts of witch hazel and revitalizing English daisy refines the skin and leaves the complexion soft and even."

This stuff smells like lemon pledge and the smell gets old fast. I delayed doing this review because I really wanted to give this a fair shake and I felt like I needed to use this daily for weeks to be fair to the product. My skin has not been good these last 3 months. Coincidentally, that is around the time that I bought this. I do not actually think it is this product that is causing my skin to freak out though. I think it is the lack of the Rose Day Cream that is the problem. My skin loved that stuff and it kept my breakouts to a minimum. In fairness, this product does reduce redness I find. It also helps control my oily areas. My face is a lot more matte now but I miss that glow I had with the Rose Day Cream. Also, my foundation does not glide across my face, nor look dewy with this product like it did with the Rose Day Cream. My face feels tighter and not as soft when using this as opposed to the Rose Day Cream. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I need to follow my own advice. I feel a bit sad just typing about this. I need to get some Rose Day Cream stat!

This is not a terrible product, it is just not fantastic and it pales in comparison to the Rose Day Cream. This is an all natural moisturizer and that is a definite plus. This product is $42.00 Canadian and I am guessing somewhere around $36.00 U.S.

Rating: 6/10

2 comments:

  1. melissa day cream and rose day cream are different products that address different skin types and concerns. melissa helps with oilier skin types and rose helps with dryer skin types. they're not interchangeable and maybe that's why it didn't work for you. when i use melissa day cream it does exactly what it claims to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I actually have oily to combination skin and it still didn't work for me. I have another friend with oily skin and she too swears by the Rose Day Cream. But yes, the Melissa Day may work for some people like yourself but it sure wasn't a keeper for me. Thanks for your comment - good to know that it works for someone.

      Delete