Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes - Review


I was so disappointed with these. I totally love the Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Facial Towelettes, so naturally I thought I would love these too - not so. I have a previous post on the blueberry ones. I bought these in the U.S. while I was in Vegas. They were $5.99 U.S. I saw the Yes to Blueberries ones too but they were $9.99. So I cheaped out and decided to try a different scent/type. To me, the two are like night and day. No shocker in retrospect that these are nearly half the price of the other ones! These do not remove as much makeup as the Yes to Blueberries ones. I hate the smell of these. I half hold my nose when I use them. In the interests of full disclosure, I normally am not keen on cucumber scented anything so take that with a grain of salt. If you like the smell of cucumbers, maybe you will like the scent of these. I find these kind of scratchy. I didn't find that with the blueberry ones. Sea salt is an ingredient in these. I am not sure about the blueberry one, but I doubt it does. I finished my last pack and tossed out the wrapper. I don't find these to be overly soothing . My face feels a bit irritated after I use them for a few minutes. They are also not so refreshing as the blueberry ones are. Sigh. I guess these just suck. Not sure why I am still using them......I guess to get rid of them. Never again. It's the blueberry one or bust for me.

As an aside, it says on the label that this product has a Best of Beauty Award by Allure Magazine for 2011. Not sure what their readers are smoking...maybe they have facial skin like an elephant's trunk and no sense of smell. Or heck, maybe it is just me who doesn't like them. Do not try to use these to remove your eye makeup. These sting like hell.

Rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment