Pages

Friday 29 June 2012

Louise Young Cosmetics The Essential Eye Palette - Review and Swatches

I went through hell and high water to get my hands on this. Actually, it was the pursuit that was tricky, the actual acquisition was easy as pie. Louise Young Cosmetics is a U.K. brand. They are known for their makeup brushes. This is the only makeup product that they sell. Nic and Sam from Pixiwoo fame have used this a couple of times in tutorials. I fell in love with this palette as soon as I saw it online. All of the colours are matte. From left to right the swatches are Ting, Maowi, Pom Pom, Black Bear and Sislet. Each eyeshadow is 1.5g or 0.05 oz. so they are a good size. I went to England and Scotland last Fall and I went into every store in a few different cities that carry Louise Young brushes and none of them carried this palette! I nearly went mad. They all told me I would have to go to London to get my hands on it. I have been to London twice (fabulous city) but I wasn't visiting London on this latest trip so I was out of luck. When I got home, I did the only thing a woman in my position could do. I broke down and ordered it online. It was £30 plus £6.99 shipping to Canada. So I think I paid somewhere between $55-$60 Canadian.    
The case is very nice and is quality made. Shipping took maybe a week, two tops. The palette comes with a brush, which I haven't used yet. It looks like some kind of definer. Anyway, I also got a guide with two makeup looks in it. Very nice. I love this palette. I don't have anything like it and I own a boat load of eyeshadow. I think the fact that it is an all matte, neutral set is what makes it so special. The colours are all neutral, but you can easily create a dramatic look with them. I am constantly figuring out new ways to wear these colours. The cream coloured eyeshadow, Ting, is probably the most pigmented matte cream/off-white eyeshadow I have ever come across. It is seriously insane. What payoff! This colour alone makes the set. I like to mix Maowi and Pom Pom together to create the perfect grey brown. All of these eyeshadows are also intended to double as eyeliners. I have worn the black for 18 hours straight as eyeliner (both upper and lower lash) and it doesn't budge. It stays true and vibrant. Glides on like dream. Incredible. This is totally perfect for travel since it is in a nice slim case with a big mirror. I would totally recommend this palette. I can not say enough nice things about it. In fact, I can not think of one negative thing to say about it. I hope Louise Young Cosmetics brings out more eyeshadow colours because they have really knocked this one out of the park.

Rating: 10/10

1 comment:

  1. What makeup essentials do you carry? Here's our pick for an everyday look! Shop online here.

    ReplyDelete