Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

MAC Cream Colour Base Pearl, Bronze and Hush - Review and Swatches


Hello! Sorry I have been negligent about doing a post the past few days. I have been busy! Anyway, today I am going to do a review on three of MAC's Cream Colour Bases. I only own three at the moment, however, I think there are only 5 or 6 colours in the permanent line. They are $17.50 U.S. or $21 Cdn. Each container is 3.2g or 0.12 US oz. I think one of these would last anyone a lifetime. The colours are left to right above Pearl, Bronze and Hush. I don't know how much you can tell from the swatch, but they are very frosted and all 3 are labelled as "frost" colours. The Pearl and Hush are from the permanent line and the Bronze was Limited Edition I believe.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this product, it is a frosted cream product which blends very easily. Some people use the lighter shades to highlight the tops of cheekbones or run down the nose to slim it out. You can also use them as eyeshadow bases (but they do crease so use a primer!). The lighter shades are for highlighting the brow or the inner corner of the eye or simply on the eyelid for a little zip and to make eyeshadow pop. Personally, I use Pearl the most. I don't regret buying Hush, I just don't reach for it all that often. Bronze is great for putting in the crease and then applying a similar colour eyeshadow over it for an old school Hollywood look. I am wearing it today and it sure does a good job when recreating those looks. If you ever get the chance to get your hands on Bronze, such as if MAC ever does a repromote, grab it while you can. Hush looks better on people with medium to darker skin tones and for those of you with peaches and cream complexions. These are a lot of fun and have multiple uses. Maybe I should try Hush as a blush...hmm

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment