Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

L'Oreal HIP Bright Shadow Duo Flare 404 - Review and Swatch


Today, I am featuring the L'Oreal HIP Bright Shadow Duo in Flare 404 . Hopefully you can see in the second picture that this eyeshadow has a lower compartment which contains the standard, useless applicator. There is 2.4g or 0.08oz. of product here, so 1.2g per colour. I have another duo in a different colour from this line and there is a mirror in the lower compartment along with the applicator. Not sure if they forgot the mirror in this one or if there are cutbacks at L'Oreal. I don't know what these cost in the U.S. but I would guess they are quite cheap. I got this one at my local Wal-Mart, full price, for $8.46 Cdn. Shocking as this may be, Shoppers Drug Mart sells this for $12.99 Cdn. If you decide to buy this, please, I beg of you, get it at Wal-Mart or like store and save the money. This isn't worth $12.99 in my book. There are some very questionable ingredients in this product as I have learned. There is no ingredient list anywhere on the packaging and this came sealed. I had to google to find out. Isn't it funny how they hide what is in it when there is something to hide?

Anyway, let's get to the meat of the matter. The pigmentation is decent. These colours are kind of different and neat. They are soft but not as soft as my regular higher end eyeshadows. There is something more dry about them. They don't feel super comfortable on. They don't feel uncomfortable either per se, but you can tell this is not high quality stuff. What do I expect for $8.46? I saw an online makeup tutorial with this duo and I was intrigued. I really don't think I will be using this duo much in the future. If you want to experiment with crazy colours which you know you likely won't wear too often, this may be the product line for you. That way the hit to your wallet is minimal. Don't get me wrong, this stuff is ok, it's just not a keeper for me. It does wear well all day. If you are on a budget, this may be a good choice over a lot of other drug store eyeshadows.

Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment