Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

John Masters Organics Evening Primrose Shampoo for Dry Hair - Review


Hello! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been crazy busy and I am tired.

I have had this product for a few months. I am 2/3rds through the bottle. I bought this with a bunch of other John Masters things online a while back. This shampoo is supposed to be for dry hair which is what I have. It is a dark coloured shampoo, and to me, it smells like beer. Of course I can't see beer in the ingredients, but that is what the smell reminds me of. This shampoo completely reminds me of a Lush product. That product is the Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo. It looks and smells very similar. I have used the Lush shampoo in the past and wasn't overly in love with it. I have a similar impression of this John Masters shampoo as well. It really does a good job of cleaning your hair and I find it gives me quite a bit of volume and body which I was not expecting. It is not overly moisturizing. It is supposed to be. I have used more moisturizing shampoos from the drug store. It does a decent job of detangling and let me tell you, my hair is a rat's nest when it is wet.

Since this is a natural product, it says it contains no GMOs, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, TEAs, sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial colour, artificial fragrance, nor petro-chemicals. It costs $22.50 Cdn. Also, and this may sound kind of crazy, sometimes I think my hair colour looks darker after I use it. In fact, one day a co-worker asked me if I had dyed my hair darker. So I find that kind of odd and strange. I can not believe I am going to finish this bottle but I will. The symbol on the bottle says it is only good for 6 months! I guess that is the price you pay for going with a natural product. I will not be repurchasing this product but I may try another John Masters shampoo at some point.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment