Pages

Saturday 28 April 2012

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner Ivy Shimmer Ink 14 - Swatch and Review


I had to search high and low to get my hands on this product. Until recently, it was extremely difficult to get Bobbi Brown products here in Canada. I think only select salons and Holt Renfrew had them. Now Sephoras in Canada have Bobbi Brown here just in the last couple of months....sigh. So anyway I bought this gel eyeliner in New York City last summer. This colour, Ivy Shimmer, is really hard to find. I had looked in Buffalo on past trips, nothing doing. Sephora at the Eaton Centre only has the basic colours even now. This colour is very dark as you can see. It looks grey or black from a distance. If you want to try green gel liner and are scared of loud colours, this would be a good place to start.

I don't know why this particular colour is so hard to get and why people love it. I do like it, don't get me wrong, I just don't get the hype. I have not tried it on my waterline yet so I will suspend judgement until I do on that issue. The "shimmer" is not very noticeable I find. To me it is just a dark moss green. It glides on well but I do find you need to be heavy handed with the brush when you apply it. It can go on very lightly if you are not careful. I know the colour looks very pigmented in the above photo, but I actually find this one is to me one of the least pigmented gel liners I own. Give me MAC or Clinique any day over this! This colour is unusual though and I haven't seen anything else like it in the major gel liner brands.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment