Pages

Sunday 8 April 2012

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 The Dream Sequence - Review and Swatches


As some of you who read my blog might recall, I went to town about a month and a half ago and trashed the Bare Escentuals (BE) bareMinerals 9-piece Get Started Set. I may have gotten a tad carried away with myself, but I stand by every word I said. I then tried one of their new pressed eyeshadow palettes which were getting good reviews. The first one I bought was The Truth which is a cool brown neutral palette. I loved it. I have a blog review on it if you are interested and have not already read it. I was so impressed with that palette that I bought another one which is featured in this blog, The Dream Sequence. I apologize for camera being in the second photo.

The swatched colours are left to right, 500 Thread Count, Romp, Boudoir and Nightcap. My favourite here, hands down, is Romp. What a gorgeous colour! 500 Thread Count didn't look very exciting but it is actually a nice brow highlight. Boudior looked insane to me at first and I thought I would never wear it. It actually goes on a lot softer (check out the swatch) than it looks and it works great as a crease colour or just to warm up the lower brow area a little. Nightcap is a really nice matte plum wine.

Bare Escentuals (BE) products are supposed to be more "natural" than most cosmetics so you do get spared a lot of chemicals in their eyeshadows. As I mentioned in my other BE eyeshadow palette blog, the black case is nice and thin and sleek which is good for travel or popping into your purse. Each eyeshadow is 1.25g and to put that in perspective, each MAC eyeshadow is 1.5g and each eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked Palette is 1.3g. So basically the amount of eyeshadow you get is decent. The mirror in this thing is huge. You also get two eyeshadow placement insert instructions in the palette which I think is always a nice bonus in case you are starting out with makeup or need inspiration. The usual useless applicator came with the palette.

Normally, I would go gaga for a purple palette over a brown one, but even though I really like this palette, I think The Truth is nicer and better value for your money. It takes a lot for me to get excited about a brown neutral palette, but I love The Truth. Ok, price. This palette is $30 U.S. and is $38 in Canada. I managed to score The Dream Sequence at Sephora with a 15% off coupon to help cushion the blow. I am now on a mission to own the other two 4.0 palettes. Yes, I am that impressed with this product. I will wait for a discount coupon first though I think or buy them in the U.S. These eyeshadows blend really well and are nicely pigmented. They are super smooth, creamy and stay where you put them. They feel really soft, light and nice on the eye. I use primer (never leave home without it) and MAC's Painterly Paint Pot when I wear this palette and the colours look great and last all day. Good job BE!

Rating: 7.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment