Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Softsoap Naturals Milk & Honey Ultra Moisturizing Body Wash - Review


I used this product this morning and I felt compelled to do a review asap. I had a fair sized sample of this kicking around my bathroom for a while. I was missing my John Masters body wash (see my blog on this from February) and I wanted something soothing for my winter weary skin.

Normally, I don't go in for these drug store chemical cocktail body washes. There is a reason, and this product is prime example of why I don't. The smell of this product isn't terrible, but it isn't great. It smells unnaturally sickly sweet. Good thing I couldn't even smell it on myself anymore as I was stepping out of the shower! Instant smell evaporation. It lathered well, but the lather was neither creamy nor luxurious. It is pearlized city and I hate that. I didn't even feel clean after I used it. "Naturals" it says. The ingredient list is not horribly long but it certainly has it's fair share of chemicals in it. Personally, I don't like the idea of rubbing a plethora of chemicals all over my body. A little bit of eyeliner or eyeshadow for a day maybe, but a body wash? I would rather not.

I didn't apply much lotion to my skin because I wanted to see how well this moisturized as I usually do on Day 1 of using a new shower gel, especially one that claims to be moisturizing. Hahahahahahaha. By 9:30 a.m. I was scratching the hell out of my skin. I looked at my arms. Scaly and dry. Eww. My legs....let's not even go there. I was feverishly rubbing lotion in as many places as are socially acceptable at one's desk in a office. I guess I should be glad I didn't break out in a rash. Never again.

Rating: 0/10 (Brutal, brutal, pumpkin strudel)

No comments:

Post a Comment