Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Benefit Beyond Mascara They're Real! Mascara - Review


I am going to cut to the chase with this review. This is currently my favourite mascara. It lengthens, volumizes and curls my lashes. The curl factor is not wow with this mascara though. Use L'Oreal's Voluminous if you want more curl wow. I like this mascara because the wand and the formula are right up my alley. The wand is small so it gets in there and I can use it on my short lashes. The tip of the brush, if you can see it in my photo, has little bristles so you can get those little lashes in the corners which I always have problems getting to with regular mascaras. This mascara lifts, separates and looks glossy all day long. The box says it won't smudge, but sorry folks, it does on me when I wear glasses. It is not major smudge city, but it does a little so be forewarned!

The ingredients are what they are, but there is nothing too scary in this one which is shocking. The real shocker though is the price. It is simply outrageous. It's $29 Cdn. and $24 U.S. I am sorry, but for a product you throw out every 3 months that is sheer insanity! You can purchase this mascara at Sephora or Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada. I don't believe you can get it at the Bay anymore. When I bought this, I used some of my rewards points at Shoppers so I got $10 off. I had full on sticker shock. Come on Benefit! Do you think we are all made of money? I mean Benefit is no Chanel or Dior so where do they get off charging this price???? All that being said, am I going to buy another? Yes....but you can bet your sweet tush I will only buy it when I have enough rewards points to get a discount at Shoppers or have a fat V.I.B coupon for Sephora for 20 percent off or something. I think $29 for mascara is criminally insane. I have tried a lot of high end mascaras over the years, and yes, sometimes I have paid $20 odd dollars and cringed, but when we are talking $30, things go too far for me. The only $30 and up mascaras that I have used have been as part of a gift set or given to me as a complimentary bonus item.

This mascara did not dry out on me at the 3 month mark. Of course, you shouldn't keep mascara much beyond the 3 month mark so that fact was a of little comfort. Benefit did a great job with this one. Very innovative. I want to rate this mascara a 9/10 but I can't. The price is too painful.

Rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff. I used to use Bad Gal but I found it to be much more smudgier than this. I don't wear glasses though so maybe that makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete