Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

NARS The Multiple - Orgasm - Review and Swatch



I didn't know if I would like this product. I saw some good reviews and I was intrigued. I heard you could just dab it on and it spreads easily and doesn't put down an obscene amount of colour. Normally, I hate cream blush with a passion. Most of them are messy, too pigmented and spread like well....crap. Since I was feeling a bit leery about this one, I waited to buy it. I bought it on a trip to Buffalo, New York when I was armed with a 20 percent off V.I.B. coupon. Sometimes membership does have its privileges lol. Anyway, this product is $46 in Canada at Sephora and The Bay and it is $39 U.S. So I got it for a fair price when I bought it. The swatch above is as follows left to right - NARS The Multiple Orgasm, NARS Orgasm Powder blush and MAC Jest eyeshadow.

You can use this product on your eyes, lips, cheeks, face and body it says. Personally, I like it on the cheeks only. I applied some to my lips for educational and blog purposes. I knew I wasn't going to like it on my lips. The colour looks very frosted and muted peach on my lips. That is just not my thing. Also, if you happen to lick your lips a bit, the taste is awful! I applied it to my eye lid and it creased slightly within the hour. I didn't wear any primer underneath it. I was just experimenting. It is really peachy orange on my eyelids. I would maybe wear this with a base or MAC's Painterly Paint Pot, but I doubt I will. I think it would look better on the eye lids of someone with a much darker skin tone than mine. The product has basically no smell which works for me.

As for on the cheeks, it is really nice! I was pleasantly shocked. It goes on fairly lightly and spreads like a dream without looking like you have a ton of blush on. You can build up the colour as little or as much as you like. It lasted me the whole 12+ hours that I have worn it and it gives you a nice healthy looking flush - hence orgasm I guess. It does not look mega sparkly on but it does have shimmer in it so if you don't like that, I have warned you. I am quite pale at the moment and it looks nice but I am sure it will look even better in the summer when I have more colour. It feels very nice on. It dries after a while to a creamy powder. You don't feel like you are wearing anything. The packaging, like all NARS stuff is super cool looking. The container has 0.5 oz. or 14g of product. I think this container might last me a very long time. NARS The Multiple comes in a variety of other colours but I think I will stick with their classic world-renowned Orgasm colour.

Rating: 8.5/10 (exceptional in lieu of a cream blush but not so hot as a "multiple" and it is pricey)

No comments:

Post a Comment