Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Moroccanoil Shampoo and Conditioner - Review


Happy Valentine's Day! This review is for the Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and the Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner. I have been using these products off and on (more on than off) for a year and a half. There are not too many shampoos and conditioners on the market that I like. I have very hard to manage hair. It's naturally curly and I love to wear it straight or with big curls. My hair gets dry easily. I also put a rinse in it every 3 or 4 months. I heard that some people have noticed some extra hair growth after using this product for awhile and I thought that sounded like hooey to me. I have to tell you though, every time I use this product for any length of time (no pun intended) my hair does seem to be growing faster and my hair stylist tells me (without me saying anything) that my hair is getting long fast. So maybe there is some truth there.

The shampoo says that is it for all hair types and is colour safe. It also says it enhances body, has gentle and rich lather and is enriched with Argan Oil which is all of the rage right now. It also says that it is sulfate, phosphate and paraben free. The conditioner says it is for chemically damaged hair and is colour safe. It also says it is sulfate, phosphate and paraben free. It contains Argan Oil abnd Keratin, it is rich in fatty acids and proteins and restores damaged hair. I have noticed that my split ends have declined since I started using these products. They make my hair soft, shiny and well conditioned. I would say the volume factor is only so so. They do not have the best detangling agent, if at all, in them. The conditioner is made in Canada (go figure) and the shampoo is made in Israel. I would say I like the conditioner better than the shampoo.

The shampoo is pearlized which I am never a fan of. It smells of spice and cinnamon very strongly and I can tell you, if you get even a smidgen of the shampoo into your mouth or on your lips when you rinse out your hair, it will burn like having a bunch of cinnamon candies in your mouth. I think that's odd. The bottles themselves are around $20-$22 a piece and both are only 250 ml. If you have long hair like me, the conditioner will go reasonably quickly especially if you wash your hair daily - if daily maybe you would get a month out of it or for me I get around 2 months or so. I personally don't wash my hair every single day because it would be way too drying on my hair. Hair Stylist's orders. The shampoo seems to last a long while - it can last me 3 or 4 months. Overall, I like this product and I will buy it again and I already have a few times. It is definitely one of the better ones on the market and it is free of a lot of chemicals normally found in shampoo and conditioner. I have been spending $20 and up for shampoo and conditioner for years so there is no sticker shock here for me. Drug store shampoo doesn't cut the mustard in my book, not for my hair. There are only two drugstore shampoos and condfitioners that I will touch in an emergency and that is Pantene or Esencia by Samy. I will definitely be trying Moroccanoil`s other products.  

Rating: 8/10 (I wish it detangled and the shampoo wasn't spicy in my mouth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment