Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette Beethoven - Review



Now for something completely cool! I love this palette. This is actually the second one that I have owned. I lost the first one through a series of unfortunate events which ended up with my palette being stolen from me. I loved this palette so much, I ran out and replaced it immediately.

I doubt that if I ever met Kat Von D that she and I would have much in common, but dammit this woman knows how to put together nice eyeshadow palettes. The colours are left to right - lucifier, speed blue, razor grey, tequila, sinner, rad purple, leather and galeano. I must confess that the pictures above do not do this palette justice. I do prefer the pigmentation and creamy feel of the 4 colours to the right more than the colours to the left. The ones to the right are also easier to work with. That being said, the ones to the left are still lots fun and are very nice. The black colour, lucifer, is not the most pigmented black in the world (and I was light handed with my swatch above) but it gets the job done. Razor grey is really cool. It's like a blue/green grey. Unusual. I always get compliments when I wear the pink and purple shades out. Tequila also deserves special mention as it looks like a light gold in the pan but is actually very white gold and light yet rich on the skin. A wonderful highlighter.

I love the names that she uses for her eye shadow. This is how eye shadows should be named. Edgy and fun. I would happily own every palette that Kat Von D puts out. I just really like this mix of colours as I think it is a bit unique. Her brown coloured palettes - Ludwig, Saint and Poetica are very nice and I would think they would be perfect for someone who needs more neutral palettes for their stash, but to me they pale in comparison to this palette.

The packaging for this palette is really cool and the mirror inside is huge! It seems very durable and good for travel. It is very sleek and compact. The palette also comes with two dual-sided brushes which I have never used. The brushes are small and I don't think they could do much. The price of this palette is $44 Cdn. and get this, $34 in the U.S. The dollar is practically at Par.....sigh.....why do they do this to me? Considering the price of other palettes on the market of this calibre, I think the price is fair. Personally, I will wait to buy another one in the U.S. or when Sephora has a V.I.B sale in order to save a few bucks. Each of the 8 shadows are 1.4g. MAC single eye shadows are 1.5g, Urban Decay Naked Palette's eye shadows are 12 x 1.3g and Sigma palettes are 1.5g per shadow. The list of ingredients is nice and short with nothing too scary.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment