Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Urban Decay Naked Palette - Review

Urban Decay, how I have grown to love you and that was never my intention.....

There are a million reviews of the Naked Palette online, and here I am about to do another. I love this palette. There is something so simple, yet genius about it. When I frist saw it, I thought OMG is this what all the fuss is all about??? A neutral coloured palette. Come on people. But it was hard to get as it was sold out everywhere, even online. It became elusive, like the fabled Loch Ness monster. Then one day, out of the blue, my local Shoppers Drug Mart had it. I snatched it up faster than you can say Jack Rabbit. I held it in my hand debating the purchase. What sealed the deal was the dual-sided eyeliner pencil and the cult favourite Urban Decay Primer Potion (not pictured here sorry I forgot to put it in the photo). I had never tried the UD 24/7 pencils before nor their Primer Potion. It seemed overall like a good deal and I knew I would use the shadows at some point.

The colours are great. This is not your average boring neutral palette. The colours are so pigmented and vibrant. There are infinite looks you can conjure up with this palette. You can go from everyday makeup to wild woman on the town. The colours in this palette are mostly cool toned strangely enough which is perfect for me. Warm neutrals just make me look tired half of the time.

There is a lot of eyeshadow here. I have no idea how long this palette will last me. Each colour is 1.3g which is very generous for a palette. I can't pick a favourite here. I love, love, love the duo-sided pencil. I love the whiskey colour. But guess what??? Whiskey is not part of UD's 24/7 pencil line. I could weep. Hopefully, UD will come out with a matte brown pencil soon because they don't have one! Unspeakable, I know. All those colours and no matte brown eyeliner.

I like the velvet packaging. Not travel friendly though. I know if I packed this in my purse or a suitcase that the eyeshadows would be sayonara. It's a bit bulky too but I fits nicely in one of my vanity drawers for easy access. I won't bother to swatch the colours for you since that has definately been overdone online.

Naked2 is out. I don't need it at the moment so I will bide my time and lie low. I will pounce when it too no longer becomes an elusive forest creature that no one can find and it is easy to get your hands on.

Rating: 8/10*

*would have given it 10/10 but I deducted 2 points for some questionable ingredients in some of the shadows and not being travel friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment