Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Origins Eyeshadow Twinkle - Review and Swatch

First of all, let's get one thing straight. I love most of Origins skincare line. Don't know how I lived before I knew about the company. Naturally, since I covet many of their skincare products, I thought I should try their makeup line. So I bought this eyeshadow. I like to go organic or as natural as I can with a lot of my cosmetics and skip out on as many synthetics where possible. I have to say that I was shocked by this product. It is possibly the worst eyeshadow I have ever used. Let me tell you, that is some steep competition. I have tried it all.

This product is fallout city. It is also scratchy on your lids when you apply it. Sometimes it even feels scratchy during the day. It's like the flecks of organic glitter or whatever the heck it is - is some sort of sea salt grit! Yikes! This product creases like nobodies business. What doesn't crease, melts into your skin in no time. Staying power - zero. It becomes very sheer. The only way to get a thin layer of it to stay on is with a eyeshadow primer and even then it is still gritty. When you remove it, it feels scratchy coming off. The colour shade is nice - that's the only nice thing I can really say about it.

I was actually so blown away by how nasty and pathetic this product was that I contacted Origins about it. I was very surprised by their response. They told me that they have received rave reviews on this product and no complaints and basically told me that I was talking out of my ass. Based on their response and this product, I will never spend money on their makeup line again. I will stick to their skincare. Total waste of money. You would do better at the drugstore in the clearance bin.

Rating: 1/10 (totally brutal)

No comments:

Post a Comment