Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream and Rose Day Cream Light - Review

One of my friends requested that I do some reviews of Dr. Hauschka products. I was going to get to reviewing it, I swear! This is the moisturizer I use almost everyday. I have been using it for a little over 2 years. Wow how time flies. I normally wear this on top of an Origins serum which I will get into in another blog post.

I didn't take a picture of my current tube as it is all squeezed up to hell. This is a thick, rich, white moisturizer. You may thick when you first look at it that this stuff is a cream cleanser, it is so rich. You don't need a ton of it because it spreads very quickly, nicely and evenly. Your face feels comforted all day and your face feels light, not heavy. It gives me a nice dewy glow which many people have commented on. Not shockingly, it smells of roses, but the smell is nice, not overpowering.

Other than the fact that this is a very good, solid moisturizer on it own, it has changed my skin in another key way. I used to have problems with acne, and I still do somewhat, but ever since I have been using this, my problems have decreased dramatically and when I do get a zit (sorry for being crass) they tend to be a lot smaller than they used to be.

This product is geared more towards people with dry skin. I have combination skin. I was originally using another Dr. Hauschka moisturizer geared towards people with oily skin for a few months but I switched to this one and I will explain that in another blog. This one works just as good as the other one did in terms of getting rid of acne problems and this one moisturizes better.

I have no idea what I would do in winter without this. It is the only moisturizer that stays working all day long and keeps my nose from peeling from dryness due to indoor heating. I was plagued with the nose peeling issue for years no matter what rich moisturizer I used. I also use this in the summer, no problem. I did once buy the Rose Day Cream Light when the store was sold out of the regular one. The Rose Day Cream Light is also a good product, but I prefer the original. I think if you have oily skin or if it is summertime than you might want to go the Rose Day Cream Light route.

I do not use this moisturizer at night. Dr. Hauschka does not think you should wear anything at night so as to give your skin time to breathe and shed or rid itself of bad stuff in your pores. At first I thought that was insane! But I think the theory has some merit. I need to use at least eye cream when I go to bed and I have a mini laugh line which I like to put something on. It is easier to do this in summer than in winter obviously. I have other stuff I use in a few key areas at night. That being said, you could use this product at night, I don't see why not. I have just been trained not to.

It retails for about $43-$46 I think and you can buy it at some Shoppers Drug Mart stores and some higher end Bay stores like the one in downtown Toronto. Failing that, you can order it online. It is well worth the money for me as a tube can last me 4 or 5 months.

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment